Project Title: Preparation of Innovation Road Map for policies, programs and activities to promote innovations in the Manipur State which will help the State Government to achieve all-round accelerated, inclusive and sustainable development in the State.
Project Theme: Innovation, Economic Development, Government
The overall scope of work involved:
- Mapping opportunities for innovation in the State.
- Developing innovative practices in different development sectors in the State and promoting their uses in order to improve the productivity and service delivery of these sectors.
- Identifying and documenting innovations which exist in different spheres of work, both in the Government and private sector, including those at the societal level.
- Improving/further developing the existing innovations in the State in order to ensure their applicability and acceptability.
- Promoting activities to support innovative efforts/ideas of innovators within the State to fill up the supply-demand gap in various delivery systems in the State.
- Identifying existing assets and systems in the State which could not achieve 100% capacity utilisation, and promoting innovative interventions in order to improve the performance of the same.
- Identifying & encouraging/rewarding innovation talents in the State.
- Developing an innovation culture in the State by defining the role of Private Sector, Entrepreneurs, NGOs, Trade & Industry bodies, Think Tanks and other stakeholders.
Promoting the intervention of innovation to strengthen entrepreneurship in the State.