The Economic Dev Office of SGBA (comprising cantons St. Gallen, Thurgau and both Appenzell) in Switzerland that promotes SGBA as Europe’s central business hub to attract international investments
Project Title: Managing India Representative Office and Investment Attraction services.
Project Theme: Investment Attraction, Government, Economic Development, International Business
Consulting assignment scope included identifying new investment leads, following up with existing leads, fixing meetings with potential investors, providing on-site support, handling in-market local logistics etc.
- Researched and identified Indian businesses with a potential interest in expanding to Europe/Switzerland.
- Engaged researched target companies using SGBA investment attraction proposition, marketing pitch, sector strengths and advantages offered to international businesses.
- Researched local Indian market focusing on key sectors to identify likely targets, as per SGBA brief.
- Sectors targeted: ICT, Precision Engineering, Biotechnology, Nanotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, Pharmaceutical packaging, Cleantech, Electrical engineering, Finance and Services, Manufacturing technologies, Medical Technology
- Made initial contact and presentation to targets to understand
- any potential interest in expanding overseas (Europe/Switzerland)
- interest in the SGBA offering
- Prepared profiles of each company and briefed the visiting SGBA representative before each meeting.
- Travelled with SGBA representative to the meetings, and provided on-site assistance as required.
- Managed all arrangements related to local logistics, travel, etc.
- Key Achievements:
- Handled a pipeline of over 50 target prospects, and generated a healthy pipeline of 25+ new qualified prospects for investing in SGBA, Switzerland, since March 2014. Many of these prospects are in advance stages of the investment decision cycle.
Successfully concluded the landing of the first ever Indian investment project into SGBA in 2015.